Skip to main content
Facts about Mallanna Sagar Project
- Mallanna Sagar Reservoir, which is being built as part of the Kaleshwaram project.
- This reservoir has a capacity of 50 TMCs
- 13 lakhs of water per acre: Medak district.
- It has 5 lakh acres of water under Mallanasagar Reservoir.
- Apart from this, there is a link to Gandhamala and Basavapur in Nalgonda district.
- Also, 7 reservoirs to be built in Kamareddy and Ellareddy constituencies have been planned to move water from Mallanasagar.
- On the other hand, it has been decided to supply water from Mallannasagar for the Singur project and for the stabilization of the Nizamsagar Dam.
- A total of Rs 13 lakhs will be invested through this project.
- This massive construction requires 13,970 acres of land.
- The tender process for the reservoir works has already been completed with Rs 6,805 crore.
- The construction of the reservoir requires a total of 13 crore cubic meters of clay and 60 meters high bundle.