Kuntala Waterfalls, Adilabad | Waterfalls near Hyderabad
Kuntala waterfall is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Adilabad district. Kuntala Falls is the highest waterfall in the state. It is a natural waterfall in the Sahyadri Ranges. The experience of jumping to the ground at the village of Kuntala on the Kadem River is hard to say.
The waterfall has a mythological background. According to local folklore, Shakuntala is known as the Kuntala Falls and hence the name of Shakuntala. The Kuntala Ranura became Kuntala. You have to go down the stairs to get to the waterfall.
The water is clearly visible, with a bit of running near. We need to see that scenario firsthand. Water falling from a height of 45 feet makes a loud noise. The waterfall can be reached down and enjoyed by bathing. Tourists visit this place during monsoons and winters.
The lagoons are very deep at the waterfall and the water is swirling. Swimming in water is very dangerous. There is a seven foot cave adjacent to the waterfall which has had many deaths in the past.
Only man can enter through it. Next to it are the water vortex, the Someshwara Temple and the stone statues of the Kakatiyas. There are three waterfalls and pits. The most important group of them is called the Somanna Gundam by the locals.
Devotees visit the Shivalingas on the day of Shivratri and celebrate the Shivratri on the day of Shivratri. This is known as Somanjatara. This Shivratri is celebrated for two days every year during Shivratri.
These are located in the sanctuary near the village of Kuntala on the Kadem River in the Sahyadri mountain range in Adilabad district. It is 60 km from the district headquarters of Adilabad.
River at Kuntala Waterfalls
- It is located on kadem river in Neredigonda Mandal.
Height of Kuntala Waterfalls
- It is highest waterfall in the state of Telangana with a hight of 147 feet.
How to reach kuntala waterfalls
- Nearest Airport is Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad.
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport 270 km.
- Nearest Railway Station is Adilabad Railway Station 67 km.
- Around 270 km from Hyderabad.
- Around 42 km from Nirmal.
- Around 70 Km from Adilabad .
Distance between Hyderabad to Kuntala Waterfalls
- The Distance between Hyderabad to Kuntala waterfalls which is Telangana’s biggest waterfalls is 279km.
- There are 4 ways to get from Hyderabad to Kuntala Waterfall by train, bus, car and taxi.
- We Suggest the best way that taking the train from Hyderabad Decan to Basar. This is the cheapest option and takes to reach around 4 h 55 min (270.4 km) via NH 44.
Kuntala waterfalls is the one of the best visiting places in Telangana state. This is best place to visit in weekends to refresh.
For more details visit the official website: www.telanganatourism.gov.in
- Kuntala Waterfalls, Distance between Hyderabad to Kuntala Waterfalls
- Bogatha waterfalls, The Niagara of Telangana | Waterfalls in Telangana
- Bhongir Fort Timings
- Facts About Telangana
- Festivals of Telangana
- Telangana songs and writers pdf, Best Lyric Writers | Telangana Results
- Surendrapuri Ticket Cost, Distance between Yadagirigutta to Surendrapuri
- Yadagirigutta Temple Timings, Yadagirigutta temple rooms booking
- Thousand Pillar Temple, How To Reach Thousand Pillar Temple
- Famous Temples in Telangana
- Godavari river, Longest River, River Flow | Telangana Results
- World’s Biggest Lift Irrigation Project, Kaleshwaram Project | Telangana
- kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation project | Largest Project in Telangana
- Mid Manair Reservoir, Dams In India | Telangana Results
- About Mallanna Sagar Project, Telangana Irrgation | Telangana Results
- Nizam Sagar Dam, Dams in India | Telangana Results
- Sriram Sagar Dam 2019, Sriram Sagar Reservoir Water Level | Telangana
- List of dams and reservoirs in Telangana, Dams in India | Telangana results
- Major events in the history of Telangana
- New Districts In Telangana, List of Districts In Telangana
- List of new Telangana Ministers and their Portfolios | Telangana Results
- Upcoming Notifications | Jobs in Telangana
- Upcoming sports in India
- 2019 US Open, 2019 US Open Leaderboard | Telangana Results